How to fix PC Camera stopped working issues in Windows 10
Some Dell users claimed that Windows 10 upgrade is the reason why their laptop and PC’s camera stopped working. This issue is currently experienced by other laptop and PC brands.
The Microsoft logo is illuminated on a wall during a Microsoft launch event to introduce the new Microsoft Surface laptop and Windows 10 S operating system, May 2, 2017 in New York City. The Windows 10 S operating system is geared toward the education market and is Microsoft’s answer to Google’s Chrome OS.
The camera issue caused by the Windows 10 upgrade is really annoying, especially during the ongoing global pandemic since most people are working remotely. Many individuals also rely on their laptops and other devices to contact their relatives and friends living far away.
Although most people blame Microsoft’s Windows 10 upgrades for the camera issues they are experiencing, Seattle Times confirmed that it is not true. Dell is also partly at fault since this brand doesn’t offer drivers that are required for the Windows 10 software upgrades. If you are one of these users, here’s how you can fix it;
Fixing Windows 10 camera issue
Dell advised that users should buy a webcam. This will solve their issue since Windows 10 allows third-party accessories. If that doesn’t work, Windows Central also provided the steps you need to follow to fix this camera issue. All you need to do is follow them carefully.
In this photo illustration the Social networking site Facebook is displayed on a laptop screen on March 25, 2009 in London, England. The British government has made proposals which would force Social networking websites such as Facebook to pass on details of users, friends and contacts to help fight terrorism.
- The first thing you need to do is click the Start button.
- After that, search for Device Manager and click the top result to open the app.
- Expand the Imaging devices, Cameras, or the Sound, video, and game controllers branch.
- Check the camera appears in the list to confirm that Windows 10 is detecting it.
- On the other hand, it is also advised to click the Actions option from the top menu if the camera icon is not available.
- After that, you need to click the Scan for hardware changes option.
Removing quality update of Windows 10
The mentioned guide is not 100% guaranteed to work. If it didn’t fix your camera issue, the best action to do is remove the quality update of Windows 10. Here’s how you can do it;
- Open Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Click on Windows Update.
- Click on View update history.
- Click the Uninstall updates option.
- Click the Installed On column header to show the updates in chronological order.
- Select the most recent update and click the Uninstall button.
- Click the Yes button.
For more news updates about Windows 10 and other desktop software, always keep your tabs open here at Prosyscom.Tech.