- OnePlus is releasing a OnePlus5 and OnePlus 5T update today to OxygenOS 5.1.4.
- Even though there are beta builds available for the OnePlus 5/5T that include Project Treble support, that is not included with this update.
- Other beta features — like the full color-wheel accent selector — are also not in this update for some reason.
At the beginning of July, we told you about a big surprise: the newest batch of beta builds of OxygenOS for the OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T included support for Project Treble. This was a big deal for the obvious reason of Project Treble support being awesome, but also because OnePlus originally said Treble wasn’t coming to the devices.
Today, we have a stable OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T update to OxygenOS 5.1.4, but it doesn’t seem to include Treble support for some reason.
It could be that OnePlus is getting ready to push Treble support to the OnePlus 5/5T but it simply isn’t ready yet. Rather than hold off on any updates until Treble is stable, the company is simply going to push regular updates until that future, undisclosed date.
It is also possible — however unlikely — that OnePlus is going to backtrack and decide against including Treble support with a stable version of OxygenOS for the 5/5T. This would be peculiar as it’s included in betas, but it certainly wouldn’t be the first time a feature went out in beta software and never made it to stable.
Curiously, another exciting feature update that’s out in beta form right now also isn’t in this new stable update: the full color-wheel accent selector. This was introduced in the same beta as Project Treble and seems to be a pretty simple feature to add in (one wonders why it wasn’t always there). Why isn’t it in this stable update? Very curious.
Regardless, the changelog for the OxygenOS 5.1.4 update is below. The system update is rolling out now to all OnePlus 5/5T owners. It’ds a staggered rollout, so it may take a few days for you to see it.
OxygenOS 5.1.4 Updates
- Updated Android security patch to 2018.7
- Added sleep standby optimization (Settings -> Battery -> Battery optimization -> Advanced optimization -> Sleep standby optimization)
- Fixed ringtone issue with Android Auto
NEXT: OnePlus 6 camera shootout results!