Samsung’s Good Lock 2018 gets another tasty update, so what’s new? | Apps & Software
Samsung’s Good Lock 2018 collection of UI customization apps makes for a rather comprehensive take on theming. And the company has been hard at work with fixes and additions recently, as spotted by XDA-Developers.
There are quite a few changes in this round of updates, but we’ve got some of the more notable additions below:
- You can now freely drag and edit lockscreen elements in the Lock Star add-on.
- The Lock Star add-on’s app shortcut animations now look better if you have a light background.
- Data saving and power saving switches are now available in the Quick Star add-on.
- GPS algorithms have been tweaked in the Routines plugin in order to save battery life.
- The One Hand Operation+ add-on supports landscape mode.
- There’s now a blur background effect setting in the Task Changer plugin.
These are just a few of the more notable features, but there are also plenty of bug fixes and minor tweaks.
You can grab the updated Good Lock suite from XDA-Developers, but the updates should eventually find their way onto the Galaxy Apps store in Korea, the U.S., U.K., Singapore, Australia, and Canada.
Samsung says Good Lock 2018 is compatible with recent flagships (e.g. Galaxy S9 series, Galaxy Note 8, Galaxy S8 series, Galaxy S7 duo, and Galaxy Note FE) as well as other Samsung devices running Android 8.0 and above. You can read about the rest of the main Good Lock features in our breakdown at the link.
Up next: Samsung posts first Galaxy Note 9 trailer and it looks hella cool