DivvyCloud, a cloud security and compliance company, is expanding to support Alibaba Cloud, the cloud computing arm of Alibaba Group. More businesses are shifting to the cloud globally, DivvyCloud’s software will help customers achieve continuous security governance in Alibaba Cloud. DivvyCloud already supports AWS, Azure, and GCP clouds.
Earlier in 2018, Alibaba surpassed IBM as the world’s fourth-largest provider of cloud infrastructure.
Nextbigfuture interviewed Brian Johnson, CEO and Co-founder of DivvyCloud.
Divvycloud has a staff of 30 staff and has raised a series A.
DivvyCloud has retail clients who were asking for Alibaba Cloud support.
Clients are interested in not getting locked into to one provider. Amazon Cloud is not shrinking but other cloud providers are being added.
IT departments want to remain compliant and secure. They are choosing DivvyCloud to make security and management easier.
Each of the big providers are developing strengths
* Amazon cloud is strong with big data
* Google cloud is strong with machine learning
* Microsoft cloud is good for those interested in C sharp programming
* Google is gaining ground with the Kubernetes release. Kubernetes is an open-source container-orchestration system for automating deployment, scaling and management of containerized applications
Alibaba and other cloud providers are trying to leverage second-mover advantages such as dealing with DDos protection out of the gate.
DivvyCloud has four main categories of industry clients
* entertainment & communication