Quark creator Nishkal Kashyap calls Quark a sketchbook for native desktop apps and not a desktop app builder. Other features of Quark include:
- Access to Node.js and Electron renderer process APIs.
- Sketches are compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux, with applications able to be written once and run anywhere.
- The IDE offers a layout intended to maximize space for the editor while leaving enough room to browse and access full context of a project or folder.
- The Monaco code editor provides IntelliSense, validation, and support for web development technologies. This is the same editor used in Microsoft’s Visual Studio Code.
- Use of a virtual file system means all code and files created within the IDE are easily shared among projects.