Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Director Talks Romance, Game Length, Shunning Multiplayer, More | Gaming
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is this month’s Game Informer cover game, and, as has become tradition, they subjected the game’s director, Scott Phillips, to a series of rapid-fire questions. Most of the 107 questions asked were a bit silly, but a few interesting things were touched on. You can check out a rundown of the important bits of info revealed, below.
- Your boat is your floating home base. Your crew, lieutenants, Sokrates, Barnabas, and Herodotus will hang out there. You only get one ship, but you can customize it.
- There will be new sea shanties.
- There are half-a-dozen romantic partners, and you can romance them all at once. You can even take them all on your ship with you if you don’t mind some awkwardness.
- Alexios and Kassandra can’t romance each other, “We’ll see” on whether they both exist in the world at the same time.
- Missions are level-gated.
- Odyssey is much longer than Origins and has a bigger map.
- Eight studios are working on the game.
- Multiplayer isn’t coming back, as it developing it takes resources away from the single-player experience.
- Definitely no battle royale mode.
- You can pet any tamed animals, including lions and bears.
- Oddly, you can’t just pet the random dogs walking around.
- Your horse won’t go on your ship, but you can whistle for him anywhere.
- Probably not coming to the Switch.
- No morality meter.
- There will probably be a photo mode available at launch.
- Another “We’ll see” on whether there’s a Discovery Mode.
- Expect plenty of post-release content.
- There’s no hair/beard customization – you’re stuck with your face.
- Phillips is most proud about the fact that Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is a full RPG, which allows you to develop relationships and effect the world in a real way.
Meanwhile, IGN has released 11-minutes of new Assassin’s Creed Odyssey gameplay. The footage focuses on a single mission – Alexios/Kassandra have to help legendary doctor Hippokrates retrieve notes he needs to help a patient. This involves stealthing your way into a heavily-armed fort, and smuggling out another doctor who has Hippokrates’ notes memorized.
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey sneaks onto PC, Xbox One, and PS4 on October 5.
The post Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Director Talks Romance, Game Length, Shunning Multiplayer, More by Nathan Birch appeared first on Wccftech.