Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’s Blackout Mode Has Consumables That Grant Timed Perks | Gaming News
The perfect source for gaming uptodate news
“In Blackout, the perks are consumables, you collect them, you use them, they have a timer.”
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’s Blackout mode will have consumables on the map that will enable, for a limited time, “Black Ops’ signature perk power-ups.”
Speaking to Game Informer, Treyarch studio design director David Vonderhaar explained that “in Blackout, the perks are consumables, you collect them, you use them, they have a timer.”
These perks take up inventory slots so deciding between them and other options will be a tough one.
Game Informer also revealed a few of the perks players can look forward to finding on the map when Blackout launches, and they are as follows:
- Paranoia – Sends out an audible alert when an enemy sets their crosshairs on you.
- Outlander – You take less damage from the circle and are given a speed boost when taking said damage.
- Consumer – The time to heal yourself, revive teammates, and use items is reduced by 20 percent.
- Skulker – You move more quickly when prone or crouching.
- Stimulant – Your health goes up 100 points.
- Iron Lungs – You can hold your breath longer when sniping or swimming underwater.
- Looter – Let’s you see ammo, health, weapons, and other items through walls.
- Dead Silence – Reduces sound of user’s footsteps.
This news follows the reveal of the Blackout map, which is the largest map in Call of Duty history, as well as information on Blackout’s player count, vehicles and how zombies will be “both a pest and a boon to your efforts to be the best warrior on the battlefield.”
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 and its Blackout mode will be released on October 12, 2018 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC and the Blackout beta will start first on PlayStation 4 on Monday, September 10.
Adam Bankhurst is a news writer for Tech and Blackout continues to sound better and better and seems to be doing things to set it apart from the others in the genre. You can follow him on Twitter @AdamBankhurst.