God of War gets New Game+ mode later this month | Gaming
God of War is arguably the biggest game of the first half of 2018 and will likely go on to be nominated and potentially win some awards. Not only was it a massive critical hit, it was a huge commercial success with 5 million sales in its first month. With that success, a lot of fans are hungry for more content such as a New Game + mode and it’s finally happening.
On August 20th, Sony Santa Monica will release a new update for God of War which will allow players to replay the entire game with all of their gear, abilities, and other resources they unlocked on their original playthrough. On the PlayStation Blog, it’s also noted that some enemies will be higher levels and have “new tricks up their sleeves”.
Players will also be able to unlock new armor sets, enchantments, and even a new rarity level. If you already know the story like the back of your hand or just want to slice up some monsters, you can skip through the cutscenes in both the normal and New Game+ modes. You can read the full details courtesy of the PlayStation Blog below.
- Relive the journey of Kratos and Atreus with all of your previous armors, enchantments, talismans, resources, and abilities on the difficulty of your choosing.
- Test your skills against higher level enemies; some of which might even have a few new tricks up their sleeves!
- Unique to New Game+ is a brand new rarity level of equipment to craft and upgrade! Collect ‘Skap Slag’, a new resource to upgrade your gear to the best of the best from our finest blacksmiths.
- Play the game in a whole new way by exploring new customization options with extremely powerful new armor sets and enchantments.
- Finally, get right back into the action with the newly added ability to skip through cinematics in both normal and New Game+ modes once a full playthrough has been completed.
God of War is out now exclusively on PlayStation 4.
The post God of War gets New Game+ mode later this month appeared first on GameZone.