Is the Next-Gen Exclusives Race Already Heating Up? | Gaming News
On this week’s episode of Tech’s PlayStation show, Beyond!, host Jonathon Dornbush is joined by Max Scoville and Tom Marks to discuss Microsoft’s recent trend of buying up studios, and what that potentially means for the next-gen exclusives space.
Then, producer Barrett Courtney, much to Jonathon’s chagrin, joins the cast to round up some of the latest Sony news, including Spider-Man’s upcoming DLC, PUBG coming to PS4, and more. The crew also offers their thoughts on this week’s releases, including Spyro Reignited Trilogy — Jonathon’s review is now live! — Fallout 76 beta impressions, and Tetris Effect.
- Intro – 00:00
- PS5 vs. NextBox Exclusives – 1:08
- Things to Do First in Fallout 76 – 19:46
- The New PS4 Pro Model – 23:23
- PUBG on PS4 – 28:50
- Spidey’s Next DLC – 36:43
- The Awards That Will Be Given To Games – 42:06
- Spyro Reignited Impressions – 44:52
- Barrett is a shell of a man because of Fallout 76 – 55:09
- Only Cool Kids Play Tetris Effect – 1:01:19
- Kingdom Hearts Minute – 1:10:39
- Closing Time – 1:13:14
And remember! Beyond has now moved publish days! You can find each week’s new episode of Beyond on beyond.Tech.com on Wednesdays at 3 p.m. PT/6 p.m. ET. 24 hours later each week, you can catch the full episode on YouTube, iTunes, and other podcast services.
Let us know your favorite games from each generation in the comments below. And if you haven’t already, be sure to join our awesome group of Beyond fans in the Tech Beyond Facebook group.
Jonathon is Tech’s News Editor, PlayStation lead, and Beyond! host. Talk to him on Twitter @jmdornbush.