PUBG “Early Access Memories” Event Mode Takes the Game Back to its Roots | Gaming
The perfect source for gaming uptodate news
It seems the makers of PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds are feeling nostalgic for an earlier, simpler time, when they were still the most popular battle royale game in the word. The latest PUBG limited-time Event Mode, Early Access Memories, aims to recreate the game’s pre-launch rules and feel. So, for instance, the damage you take when in the blue zone doesn’t increase based on your distance from the safe zone, and level-three helmets will still spawn as floor loot.
Here’s the full list of Early Access Memories rules:
- Game settings mimic the settings used during the Early Access period.
- 100 Players across 25 teams on Erangel.
- Level 3 Helmets spawn in world, while the Tommy Gun and Kar98k can also be found in care packages.
- Camo-patterned jackets, as well as Ghillie suits, can be found in care packages.
- Blue Zone damage is not amplified by distance from the safe zone.
- Aquarails will not spawn
- Weapon stats and vaulting mechanisms are the same as the current.
- Additional items will spawn on the “Starting Island”.
- 4-person squads only. Auto-matching can be set on/off
- Weather is Sunny
- Red zones are enabled
- Care packages are enabled
- Friendly fire is disabled
Unlike many PUBG Events, which often come and go without a lot of fanfare, I have a feeling Early Access Memories may end up being a permanent thing. PUBG has expanded and improved in number ways over the months, but some would argue it’s lost a certain something along the way – perhaps this mode will recapture that magic?
Early Access Memories Event Mode is available now, and ends on August 19 at 7pm PT. The mode can be played in first-person and third-person in North America, Europe, and Australia, and third-person only in the rest of the world.
PUBG is available on PC, Xbox One, and mobile platforms.