The Division 2: How to Get Chatterbox Exotic SMG
Without question, acquiring powerful loot is certain to be a primary goal for many players that are currently hitting level 30 and reaching the endgame in The Division 2. Some of the most powerful, and rarest iterations of loot in the game are the exotic weapons, including the Chatterbox SMG. For those that are looking to add this gun to their arsenals, several steps will need to be taken.
The Chatterbox SMG is a craftable exotic item featuring three desirable effects. They are as follows:
- Incessant Chatter: Each shot landed with the weapon grants a 1% rate of fire increase. This increase is capped at 60%, and it resets when the weapon is reloaded.
- Box Mag: Killing an opponent with the weapon refills 20% of the magazine. Kills also grant a 10 second buff, which causes each landed shot to increase the weapon’s magazine capacity by one. This is capped at 60, and eliminations with the buff active will refill the expanded magazine.
- Blabbermouth: When the weapon is holstered, reloading a gun within five seconds of a kill grants a 20% rate of fire increase for 10 seconds.
With respect to obtaining the weapon, the first step is acquiring Hyena keys. These keys open faction caches, and they can be found in the many underground areas that populate The Division 2‘s map. With Hyena keys in hand, players can proceed to unlock Hyena caches that have a chance to grant to components required to craft the Chatterbox SMG.
To find the four necessary components for the Chatterbox SMG in The Division 2, players can reference the following list of Hyena cache locations:
- SMG: Loaded Canister: This component can be found in Hyena caches located in the Grand Washington Hotel mission. One cache is found under a sink in the toilet area, and another is located to the right of the door when exiting to the roof.
- SMG: Creative Magazine: This piece can be found in the Jefferson Trade Center mission. Once a player has reached the underground park, they should head to the loading bay in the back for a Hyena cache. Caches can also be found in this area in Freeplay.
- SMG: Modified Mods: Players should visit the police station in Judiciary Square for this component. There is a cache located behind the mounted turret in the car park, and this can be accessed in Freeplay.
- The Lost Chatterbox Blueprint: The blueprint for the exotic weapon can be found in the Bank Headquarters Campus Settlement mission. Once a player reaches a room with a large window and several desks, they will find a small wall safe hidden on the left side of the room. Inside is an RFID key card, which opens a door further in the mission. This door can be found by going left after entering the vault — it is a golden gate, and the Hyena cache is inside.
To note, not all of these components are guaranteed to drop from each cache, and players may need to loot them a number of times before they are able to craft the Chatterbox SMG. However, considering the power level of the gun, the extra effort is certain to be worth it to many players looking to prepare for the game’s upcoming raid.