Xbox One/PC Sea of Thieves Update 1.2.1 Released; Offers Cursed Sails Changes, Key Performance Improvements, Crash Fixes & More | Gaming
Rare has rolled out Sea of Thieves update 1.2.1 for both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC.
The new patch weighs in at 1.41GB on both Xbox One and Xbox One X, while the PC patch is somewhat smaller and clocks in at 1.09GB. The update brings changes to last week’s Cursed Sails content drop alongside various performance improvements, crash fixes and additional fixes.
Related Dual Universe Roadmap Released, Alpha 1 Coming in November
We’ve included the release notes for the 1.2.1 update down below alongside a new developer update:
Cursed Sails Battle Times – Players who can only play during fixed times will be able to battle for a different region each week. For example, if this week your fixed playtime only allows you to encounter The Battle for the Shores of Plenty, next week you will encounter The Great Battle of the Ancient Isles during the same fixed playtime.
This change was made in response to community feedback.
Cursed Sails Battle Encounter Indicator – Battle music can now be heard from greater distances. Additionally, the flow when UI banners appear and music plays has been improved.
Cursed Sails Resources – Treasure items and Barrels of Plenty will now float for longer. This allows greater opportunity to find resources and treasures mid-battle.
Cursed Sails Battle Cooldown – The timer between battles has been extended to give players a chance to collect loot dropped by defeating the skeleton crews.
Cursed Sails Battle Despawn – The battle despawn timer has been increased, which will give sunk crews a greater chance to sail back and continue the battle they started.
Skeleton Ship VFX – Improvements have been made to VFX of water splashes when skeleton ships emerge.
Multiple server and client crash fixes.
Further improvements and optimisations for all platforms are ongoing.
- Skeleton Forts have been re-enabled.
- Skeletons and animals now spawn as intended.
- Players fired from cannons will no longer occasionally travel in unintended directions.
- Firing yourself out of a cannon no longer causes muffled cannon audio to persist.
- Ship Liveries that change the colour of the ship’s hull now correctly change the colour of the capstan.
- Alliance join/leave/disband pop-ups now appear even when the player is in the Flag Box menu.
- The Brigantine’s missing bell has now been found and added.
- Players speaking to a Gold Hoarder NPC at an Outpost will no longer incorrectly receive “The Hungering Deep Begins” banners.
- Items placed behind the barrels at the bow of the Brigantine cannot be picked back up.
- Merchant Alliance crates on board a ship which sinks will not float to the surface and cannot be picked up.
Sea of Thieves is available globally now for Xbox One and Windows 10 PC.