How to hide your phone number on WhatsApp
Feeding in phone number while registering for WhatsApp is a mandatory process but not everyone especially the privacy lovers may not like this idea very much. WhatsApp requires your phone number to start the service and this contact number can be seen by anyone added in our contact list.
Unfortunately, there is no way to hide your phone number on WhatsApp. The app requires your valid phone number to let you login into the service. But that doesn’t mean you can’t hide your current number from your contacts. There is a trick you can use to hide your current phone number on WhatsApp.
To hide your current phone number, the first thing you need to have is an alternate phone number. WhatsApp also has a feature using which you can inform all your contacts about your new phone number in case you have changed it on WhatsApp but this feature is helpful f you want to let everyone know your phone number.
The trick we are talking about here helps you hide your phone number from your contacts.
Follow these steps to use WhatsApp without showing your current phone number to your contacts:
- Get a new phone number which you don’t want to share with all.
- Now uninstall WhatsApp from your device.
- Remove the old SIM from your phone and place it in some other phone that can receive SMS.
- Now insert your new SIM in the device.
- Re-install WhatsApp and initiate the registration process.
- The app will ask you to enter a valid phone number. Instead of feeding in your number, enter the old one.
- WhatsApp will send an OTP on your old SIM card. Use that OTP to verify and you can now use WhatsApp with your old phone number. In this way, your new phone number will be hidden from all your contacts.