How To Make WhatsApp Business Account Verified
We all know that Whatsapp is one of the most used messaging apps in the world. No doubt, the app has become an addiction among its users and people wake up by checking it and go to sleep by it.
It is very similar to text messaging service, however, the cost of using Whatsapp is significantly less than texting because it uses the internet to send messages.
The Facebook-owned messaging app has many features and it keeps on updating by adding many more. One of its latest features is the Business account, also called the Verified account. It is a separate app on Android for Whatsapp Business Profiles.
Features & Benefits
Generally, Facebook accounts have this feature and now it’s in Whatsapp too. Celebrities, Politicians and public figures will have verified Facebook accounts and Whatsapp is now availing this feature to Businessmen.
Whatsapp Business accounts allow various businesses and brands to communicate with their customers through WhatsApp. However, for purposes of establishing credibility and authority, WhatsApp had rolled out verified badge for businesses that prove they are the businesses they say they are.
What is a Whatsapp Business Account?
If you own a business and want to communicate with your prospective customers in an effective way, having WhatsApp Business app makes total sense, and it is free to download and use.
Let’s now discuss deeply what the Business app offers over the standard WhatsApp and later explain how to set it up and get your business profile up and run.
Well, it emerges that there is no action that you need to do in order to get your WhatsApp Business account be given the Verified Badge.
We contacted Whatsapp for the solution. In fact, who better than WhatsApp can give a correct answer? WhatsApp has finally replied to the question, here’s the screenshot:
You don’t need to send requests to WhatsApp to get your account verified. They don’t need any documents from you to check you are owning a business. They will automatically review your business information on an ongoing basis.
How to Create a Verified Whatsapp Business Account:
1. First, download Whatsapp Business app from the Google Play Store and install it.
2. Now, you have to go through the initial setup process. Enter your Mobile number and verify it via an OTP.
3. Then enter your Business name (your shop name or company name).
Note: Once created, you will not be able to change the NAME of your business. So, whatever you enter, has to be the final one.
4. Now, you will be taken to the app’s homepage which looks similar to regular Whatsapp homepage. Here, you have to create or set your business profile.
5. Tap on the three-dots on the top right, then tap on Settings -> Business settings -> Profile.
6. Set your display picture and enter your business address. You can also set the location of your business address.
7. Next, you have to choose a category for your service, which could be automotive, clothing, finance, restaurant and transport among others.
8. You can also describe what your business does, working days and hours followed by your business email address. Tap on Save button at the top right corner.
Whatsapp Business Messaging Tools:
Whatsapp Business Messaging Tools can be accessed from business settings, where there are three options – away message, greeting message and quick replies.
Away message – will be helpful when customers contact you during off hours. You can also set an away message to always send when customers ping you.
Greeting message – is used to greet the customers the very first time they contact you, or when there are 14 days of inactivity between you and the contact.
Quick replies – could make it easier for you to communicate with the customers by quickly sending answers to frequently asked questions.
Chat Labels in Business accounts:
These chat labels let you categorize different chats for convenience. The chat labels are, New customer, New order, Pending payment, Paid and Order complete. Each of them has different colors for easier recognition. You can also create new labels, edit existing ones, and change colors too.
Besides these, all other features are same as the regular Whatsapp.