Tinder intros in-app event ‘Vibes’ in May 2021
As per Tinder, this new experience builds on previous in-app events like Swipe Night and Swipe Surge. The platform mentioned that these events help matching over 25% more people. Early tests show that members don't just vibe once: on average, members return multiple times and have found matches with the help of Vibes. If the instantaneous vibe check is right, members have the option to continue their conversation via video chat.
Here's how it works:
- Members are alerted when Vibes has started in their area via push notification – or when the app is opened.
- Participants answer a series of questions from personality traits to pop culture to give insights on potential matches.
- Vibes will be displayed on member profiles for 72 hours.
- When participants of Vibes match, they will see each other's Vibes within the chat window.
- Vibe events aren't one time but last only for 48 hours.
“Your Tinder profile should be an authentic representation of yourself, and that often changes as you explore who you are, what you want, and what's happening around you. We built Vibes to help make profiles as dynamic as our members while giving them more to match on along the way,” said Udi Milo, VP of Product at Tinder. “This is the first of many things we're creating for the Tinder community this year so they can show off more of their personalities on the app,” Milo added.
Vibes will be rolling out globally in late May. Stick around for more updates on this!