Facebook adds Alaska’s Inupiaq as language option | Malaysia
Digital Asia News Update
All of Our Weekly Support Threads
Join the live chat on IRC
Legacy Pure Tech Filter
Hide popular topics:
No Net Neutrality
/r/technology is a place to share and discuss the latest developments, happenings and curiosities in the world of technology; a broad spectrum of conversation as to the innovations, aspirations, applications and machinations that define our age and shape our future.
- Submissions must be primarily news and developments relating to technology
- Self posts must contribute positively to /r/technology and foster reasonable discussion.
- Submissions relating to business and politics must be sufficiently within the context of technology in that they either view the events from a technological standpoint or analyse the repercussions in the technological world.
Please do not submit the following:
- i) Submissions violating the guidelines.
- ii) Images, audio or videos: Articles with supporting image and video content are allowed; if the text is only there to explain the media, then it is not suitable. A good rule of thumb is to look at the URL; if it’s a video hosting site, or mentions
videoin the URL, it’s not suitable.
- iii) Requests for tech support, questions or help: submit to /r/techsupport, /r/AskTechnology, another relevant community or our weekly Support Saturday threads.
- iv) Petitions, Surveys or Crowdfunding (Including ICOs) – submissions of this nature will be removed.
- v) Submissions discussing the subreddit itself; they should be submitted to /r/TechnologyTalk, or messaged to the moderators of the subreddit.
- vi) Submissions discussing one or more incidents of customer support.
- vii) Mobile versions of sites, url shorteners: please directly submit the desktop version of a webpage in all cases.
- viii) Social media links/profiles or promotions (eg. Facebook, Instagram, Pintrest etc). Tweets should not be used as a news source unless an official announcement by a verified company or spokesperson.
- Remember the human You are advised to abide by reddiquette; it will be enforced when user behaviour is no longer deemed to be suitable for a technology forum. Remember; personal attacks, abusive language, trolling or bigotry in any form are therefore not allowed and will be removed.
- Submissions must use either the articles title and optionally a subtitle. Or, only if neither are accurate, a suitable quote, which must:
- adequately describe the content
- adequately describe the content’s relation to technology
- be free of user editorialization or alteration of meaning.
5. Reddit-wide rules.
- If you see a rule-breaking submission, please report it and message the moderators with your reason.
- Want to host an AMA? Please message the moderators.
- Our /u/AutoModerator configuration may be viewed here.
- Removed threads will either be given a removal reason flair or comment response; please message the moderators if this did not occur.
- All legitimate, answerable modmail inquiries or suggestions will be answered to the best of our abilities within a reasonable period of time.
- Rule violators will be warned. Repeat offenders will be temporarily banned from one to seven days. An unheeded final warning will result in a permanent ban. This may be reversed upon evidence of suitable behavior.