Treyarch Announces Changes to Blackout after Beta | Gaming News
7.5 million Zombies were eliminated…
The changes come from player feedback after the beta was extended earlier Monday with Treyarch also lifting the cap to 100 players.
Treyarch said they wanted to look at the biggest feedback they received from the Black Ops 4 community from the beta and, “provide some deeper insights into what we’re doing to improve the game.”
Some of the areas they will be tracking and updating include armor, audio adjustments, inventory and item management, and Xbox One performance.
They have been cautious with major armor changes due to its unique role in Blackout, but made some adjustments during the beta and will continue to do so before launch.
- Level 3 armor was tweaked throughout the beta, including reducing spawn frequency by 75% and having it break down sooner, but is said to still be too powerful so Treyarch will be evaluating the data for further changes.
- Level 2 armor was also adjusted during the beta and will possibly be tweaked further before launch.
- Players will see a sign on the condition of their armor and their teammates in the HUD so they are aware when to search out new gear.
Audio player feedback was erratic at times with some reports stating that footsteps were louder or quieter than expected, unbalanced, or the direction of enemies was unclear. Improvements to come include:
- Sounds will be properly impacted by surroundings including walls, floors, and ceilings.
- All in-game volumes will be reviewed in-depth and the game will have it’s final audio mix.
- Teammates’ footsteps will not be as loud as enemy footsteps, and the Awareness Perk will further reduce the volume of your teammates.
- Audio preset options will be available at launch for you to make further adjustments.
Players asked for faster pickup of items and equipping improvements across the board. Treyarch has already began to make adjustments on that front.
- They already made the pickup speed as fast as possible for players during the beta, while still having control without accidentally picking up an item while reloading.
- Console players asked for an option in settings that will allow them to instantly pick up an item, and Treyarch is researching and testing that idea
- Changes to the Quick Equip menu are in the works, such as having it automatically close if a player begins firing a weapon, sprinting, etc.
- The height and proximity to items on the ground while interacting has already been tweaked, and will most likely keep its changes for launch.
There were some issues specifically for Xbox One players, including choppiness while playing in Quads, with Treyarch saying they will be fixed for launch.
- Inviting friends to your party will work as it is expected to, without players having to go through the in-game Social menu.
- An issue that arose with players pressing the Xbox button and it causing loss of controller input and the need to restart, which will be entirely fixed.
While we wait until the launch on Oct. 12, memorize the map for Blackout and watch 7 minutes of Blackout gameplay on PC at high resolution. Stay tuned to Tech for further updates on Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout mode, and let us know in the comments what you thought of the beta!
Jessie Wade is a news writer for Tech and has been playing Call of Duty since Modern Warfare released. Follow her on Twitter @jessieannwade and let her know what you thought of the Blackout beta.