XCOM 2’s New DLC Is Out Next Week with New Maps, Modes and More | Gaming News
The perfect source for gaming uptodate news
2K and Firaxis have announced that the XCOM 2: War of the Chosen – Tactical Legacy Pack will be available on PC next Tuesday, October 9, and will bring with it a new story, new game modes, maps, and more.
The Tactical Legacy Pack will tell a new story that bridges the gap between XCOM: Enemy Unknown and XCOM 2. In addition, this latest DLC will include new game modes, maps, weapons, armor, and photobooth options that “honor the legacy of the XCOM series.”
One of the new gameplay modes is Legacy Ops which allow you to “command a squad of soldiers through a series of linked consecutive tactical missions.” These include:
- Central’s Archives – Central Officer Bradford, and other key members of XCOM, recount the pivotal operations that led to the rise of the resistance between the events of XCOM: Enemy Unknown and XCOM 2
- Blast from the Past – After the fall of XCOM HQ, Central Officer Bradford begins his journey to build the resistance by returning to where it all began.
- It Came from the Sea – The broadcast of a fledgling radio DJ is reaching an audience he didn’t intend. It’s up to Central to save the DJ from an endless horde of hungry listeners.
- Avenger Assemble – Join Lily Shen as she works to retrofit the Avenger into a new home for the growing forces of a reinvigorated XCOM.
- The Lazarus Project – ADVENT is kidnapping key members of the resistance, and it’s up to Central to rescue some of XCOM’s most renowned operatives.
- Resistance Archives – Engage enemy forces in series of tactical missions increasing in difficulty.
- Skirmish Mode – Create and play your own custom XCOM tactical missions using the included editor that allows you to modify various settings (map, squad loadouts, objective, enemies, and more.)
- Offline Challenge Mode – Play through all 100+ War of the Chosen challenges as often as you want.
The 28 new maps, which include remastered maps and scenes from XCOM: Enemy Unknown and XCOM: Enemy Within, will be featured in the new Central’s Archive missions.
Once you complete the Central’s Archives you will unlock “reimagined versions of the conventional, laser, and plasma weapons, as well as Kevlar, Carapace, and Titan armor from XCOM: Enemy Unknown” for use in the main single player campaign.
In addition to new customization and photobooth options, players wil also be able to take advantage of the new soundtrack selector and choose which music will play, including an all-new soundtrack that was inspired by music from X-COM: UFO Defense.
The XCOM 2: War of the Chosen – Tactical Legacy Pack will be available on PC for free to all who own XCOM 2: War of the Chosen and to those who purchase XCOM 2’s expansion by 9:59pm PT/12:59pm ET/5:59pm BST on December 3, 2018.
After 10pm PT/1pm ET/6pm BST on December 3, 2018, the Tactical Legacy Pack will be available for purchase for $7.99 USD.
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen was released on August 29, 2017, and in our review we said, “War of the Chosen is a wide and deep expansion for XCOM 2 that improves variety in mission objectives, tactical options, threats, and strategic map activities.”
Adam Bankhurst is a news writer for Tech who loves XCOM but feels bad when he can’t save his family and friends that he named after soldiers who met an unfortunate fate. You can follow him on Twitter @AdamBankhurst.