The list is not a schedule, it’s simply the games accepted by the committee, the categories under which they will run, and who is competing. Bonus events are specified (these are usually unscheduled exhibitions played under certain conditions if donation goals are met).
- NieR: Automata, given four hours and thirty minutes for runner Fullest (A ending, normal difficulty). Fullest is currently No. 5 in the world in this category, and No. 1 in the E, A to Z and 98 percent quests runs.
- Shadow of the Colossus (2018 PS4 remaster), by ChurchNEOH, who will be attempting a Boss Rush NTA run in 50 minutes. ChurchNEOH was world No. 1 in this category but was toppled by Plush six days ago.
- Super Mario Odyssey, which so far has only been a bonus event at a Games Done Quick (an any% run by NicroVeda at Summer Games Done Quick this year). Bayleef will be trying a Dark Side run in three hours, 22 minutes.
- Cuphead is back, and so is fan favorite TheMexicanRunner, taking on All S&P Grades in 1:10:00. This is a bonus game.
- Dead Cells is one of the newest games in the lineup (fully launching in early August). Studio, scaz.zaf and ChurchnSarge are all signed up for any% runs (Studio’s a blind seed run). scaz.zaf is world No. 2 in any% as of five days ago.
- TimeSplitters 2 gets an any% co-op run by Copitz and Swoodeasu, who have been reigning world No. 1 in this category for more than a year.
- Celeste, which is No. 1 in current active players on Speedrun.com is back with TGH taking on an All Chapters run in 1:40:00.
- Guacamelee! 2 is the newest release on this list (Aug. 21), to be run by The Blacktastic (any% in 1:15:00). They were No. 1 until Nomkey took it over two weeks ago.
The schedule for last year’s Awesome Games Done Quick was finalized in November, so check back then for the complete programming list, plus any other details that may have changed. Meantime, there’s going to be a three-day Games Done Quick Express at TwitchCon 2018 Oct. 26 to 28. The beneficiaries will be the charities participating in TwitchCon’s Charity Plaza.