Destiny 2: How to Farm Specific Gambit Prime, Reckoning Weapons
It is now more effective than ever for players to farm specific weapons in Gambit Prime and the Reckoning. As of Update 2.2.1, which came to Destiny 2 April 9, 2019, defeating a boss in either Tier 2 or Tier 3 has a chance to reward a Gambit Prime weapon and the chances for a weapon to drop increase every time players kill a boss without getting a weapon as a reward.
Fans on the Destiny subreddit have narrowed down exactly which weapons drop from each activity and any special requirements to get them. All the Gambit Prime weapons can be earned in either Tier 2 or Tier 3, while the weapons specific to the Reckoning only drop in Tier 3.
The weapons are split between the mode’s two different bosses. The following weapons can drop from the Likeness of Oryx in Tier 2 or Tier 3:
Most players recommend running Tier 2 because it’s easier to beat (here’s how to beat Tier 2) unless the weapon that a player is farming for is only available in Tier 3.
As for farming in Gambit Prime, there are only four weapons that can be specifically influenced to drop. By earning certain medals in Gambit Prime, players will earn a synth and unlock the chance at getting a curated roll for these Gambit Prime weapons. While players can earn multiple medals during a match, the first medal earned will determine which possible weapon could drop.
How to get Spare Rations hand cannon
The Spare Rations hand cannon is connected to Gambit Prime’s Collector medals:
- Fast Fill: Collect 15 Motes quickly.
- Go Big or Go Home: Summon a Giant Blocker.
- Half-Banked: Deposit half the bank’s capacity in a single round.
How to get Sole Survivor sniper rifle
The Sole Survivor sniper rifle is connected to Gambit Prime’s Invader medals:
- Army of One: As an invader, defeat four opposing Guardians in a single invasion.
- Bank Heist: In a single invasion, drain multiple Motes from the opposing team’s bank while near their bank.
- Denied!: As an invader, deny at least 10 Motes by destroying all Guardians who are carrying Motes.
How to get Bug-Out Bag submachinegun
The Bug-Out Bag submachinegun is connected to Gambit Prime’s Reaper medals:
- Massacre: Defeat 12 enemies with no more than 3 seconds between kills.
- Thrillmonger: Defeat 40 enemies in a single match without dying
- Value Hunter: Defeat a high-value target.
How to get Last Man Standing shotgun
The Last Man Standing shotgun is connected to Gambit Prime’s Sentry medals:
- Blockbuster: Defeat three Blockers with no more than 3 seconds between kills.
- Locksmith: Defeat the last Blocker at your team’s bank three times in a single round.
- Not on My Watch: Defeat an invader within 10 seconds of their appearance in your arena before they defeat anyone on your team.
While these four weapons can be farmed at any time in Gambit Prime, the Reckoning weapons will vary considering the bosses in the Reckoning rotate each week in Destiny 2, so certain weapons will only be able to be farmed during the weeks the boss they are attached to is available.