Bungie Splits with Activision, Maintains Future Rights
Bungie and Activision are parting methods after sustaining a publishing settlement since 2010.
Bungie made the announcement via Bungie.web right this moment. Within the official assertion, Bungie says “With Activision, we created something special. To date, Destiny has delivered a combination of over 50 million games and expansions to players all around the world.”
Following this eight-year publishing run, Activision has transferred publishing rights for Future to Bungie, permitting the developer to totally management its personal property.
The deliberate transition course of is already underway in its early phases, with Bungie and Activision each dedicated to creating certain the handoff is as seamless as doable. Bungie says it has realized so much from Forsaken, Future 2’s newest main growth, and has assured followers that extra is on the way in which and can proceed down the trail of the present Future roadmap. This may embrace extra seasonal experiences within the upcoming months.
— BlizzardCS (@BlizzardCS) January 10, 2019
- Destiny and Bungie are breaking up with Activision
- What the Bungie/Activision Break up Means for Future
- Xbox Boss talks partnership with AMD for future platforms
- Activision Blizzard Loses its Second Executive in a Week
- Bungie Drops a Destiny 2 Story Bombshell in New Update