Destiny 2 Weekly Reset Nightfall, Modes, Challenges and Rewards
It’s a new era for Destiny 2, as players finally have access to the Witch Queen expansion. The weekly reset this week is particularly special as not only is the Witch Queen content live, but it also marks the start of a new season. Revealed only a few weeks ago, Season of the Risen focuses on Savathun’s Hive Guardians known as the Lucent Brood. The Vanguard will once again be teaming up with Cabal Empress Caiatl in an effort to suppress the new Hive threat.
WHile all this new content may be exciting for fans, Bungie has attempted to temper expectations a bit by announcing known issues and bugs. While Bungie is working on fixing these problems post Witch Queen launch, the studio has highlighted one in particular with the Overload auto rifle and SMG artifact modes not disrupting champions, which means they’ll be able to regenerate their health without trouble.
With a new season and expansion, this Destiny 2 weekly reset is a big one, especially with a ton of new content available. For the complete look at all the new content available for the week of February 22 including, Nightfalls, Crucible modes, and challenges, here is everything players need to know.
Weekly Nightfall and Modifiers
Nightfall Strike The Ordeal: The Scarlet Keep
- Empath: Enhanced radar. Take increased damage from melee.
- All previous modifiers.
- Champions: Barrier and Unstoppable
- Champions: Hive
- Weight of Weakness: Enemies grenades and melee attacks applie weakness debuff.
- All previous modifiers.
- Equipment Locked: Unable to change equipment once the mission starts.
- Match Game: Enemy shields are highly resistant to all unmatched elemental damage.
- Shielded Foes: Arc and Solar shields.
- All previous modifiers.
- Togetherness: Base Health regen is reduced. Health regen increases when players are near each other.
- Champions: Mob: This difficulty adds more champion enemies.
Grandmaster Nightfall Details:
- Fire Pit: Acolytes spawn fire pools causing damage over time when defeated.
- Grandmaster Nightfall includes Match Game, Champions: Mob, Equipment Locked, Extinguish, Limited Revives, Chaff, Join in Progress Disabled, Contest, and Extra Shields. Players will want to be at least at power level 1345 in order to snag pinnacle gear and adept versions of Nightfall loot.
- Pinnacle Reward: Get a 100K score to earn a pinnacle reward.
- The Nightfall exclusive loot this week is: ???
Elemental Modifiers: Acute Arc Singe
Season of the Risen Activities
During Season 16, Bungie has added a brand new 6 player matchmade activity called PsiOps Battlegrounds. Players will be taking on the Witch’ Queens army across multiple destinations and using light suppressing technology to put an end to the Lucent Brood.
This season’s exotic quest also ties into the PsiOps Battlegrounds where players can earn the Grenade Launcher known as Dead Messenger.
Europa: Exo Challenge, Eclipsed Zone, and Empire Hunt
This week on Europa, players can participate in the Simulation: Survival mission for the Exo Challenge. Players will need to not only survive the vex, but a winter storm as well.
Eclipsed Zone: Asterion Abyss
Empire Hunt: Kridis, The Dark Priestess
Season Pass Challenges
Season 16 is in full swing, with all new Weekly Challenges to complete. As players have found in season’s past, objective range from finishing seasonal story content, getting a certain number of kills, completing various activities and more. Rewards for these objectives include XP, Bright Dust, and on occasion, items or resources.
Here are the week 1 challenges for Season of the Risen:
- Psychogenic Decoder – Collect Psychogenic Intel by playing strikes, Gambit, Crucible, public events, and more. Collect Risen Umbral Energy by decoding Runic Chests in PsiOps Battlegrounds.
- The Informant’s Informant – Reach Rank 15 with Fynch in Savathun’s Throne World.
- Operation Elbrus: Week 1 – Complete Week 1 of Operation Elbrus and defeat enemies with Machine Guns in PsiOps Battlegrounds.
- String Theory – Complete 3 Evidence Board investigations in the Mars Enclave.
- Into The Throne World – Complete bounties and earn progress by completing patrols, public events and lost sectors in the Throne World.
- Taking All Challenges – Complete Weekly Playlist Challenges.
- Mid-Range Calibration – Use Hand Cannons, Auto Rifles, Fusion Rifles, and Machine Guns in the Throne World. Bonus progress for rapid defeats.
- Dredgin’ Up Victory – Complete Gambit Matches and earn bonus progress for wins.
- Momentum Crash – Defeat Guardians in Momentum Control. Bonus progress with Zone Advantage.
- Hive Slayer – Defeat Hive in Vanguard playlists or strikes. Bonus progress for tougher enemies.
- Vault of Glass – TBD
- Deep Stone Crypt – TBD
- Garden of Salvation – TBD
- Last Wish – TBD
Weekly Crucible Playlist – Momentum Control.
Trove Guardian is located in Archer’s Line, while the Wandering Nightmare is the Nightmare of Horkis, Fear of Mithrax at the Anchor of Light.
For Nightmare Hunts, players can take on Insanity (Fanatic), Anguish (Omnigul), and Pride (Skolas).
The Dreaming City is at a weak curse level this week, which means Petra Venj can be found in The Strand. She’s offering the Broken Courier mission for the next week. The Blind Well features Scorn enemies and the plagues, Sikariis & Varkuuriis.
Finally, the Ascendant Challenge is Forfeit Shrine in the Gardens of Esila.
Xur, the exotic merchant of Destiny 2, arrives every weekend until reset, giving players a short window to check out what he has in stock. Here’s what the merchant had for the weekend of 2/18:
- Astrocyte Verse (Warlock gauntlet) – 23 Legendary Shards
- Graviton Forfeit (Hunter helmet) – 23 Legendary Shards
- Citan’s Ramparts (Titan gauntlet) – 23 Legendary Shards
- Trinity Ghoul (Combat Bow) – 29 Legendary Shards
- Seventh Seraph Officer Revolver (Primary Hand Cannon)
- Enigma’s Draw (Primary Sidearm)
- Long Shadow (Primary Sniper Rifle)
- Nature of the Beast (Energy Hand Cannon)
- Wishbringer (Energy Shotgun)
- Stars In Shadow (Energy Pulse Rifle)
- Interference VI (Heavy Grenade Launcher)
- Swordflight Armor Set and the Binary Phoenix Class item
Make sure to check back every Friday for a comprehensive breakdown of all the new exotic gear Xur brings to Destiny 2.